- Simplify scheduling. Traditional scheduling is a time-consuming and burdensome process for supervisors. It usually involves creating a list of store visits, filling out paper task forms for merchandisers, or using general-purpose calendar application. Using merchandising software a supervisor can easily organize the schedule of visits for every merchandiser individually, or in bulk, for any period of time.
- Automate notification. Generally merchandisers receive the appointment schedule during a visit to the office, or via an email, or a phone call, and after they perform tasks they have to report back to the office. When using merchandising software all the visits and tasks are instantly displayed in tablets and smartphones of merchandisers due to automatic synchronization. Merchandisers can view all the information about each point-of-sale, including location, contacts, history of visits, documents attached and notes made by their managers. Merchandisers can always optimize their day route at the click of a button to make sure they have the shortest path between locations and they don’t have to waste time visiting the office.
- Get live retail visit confirmation. As a rule merchandisers notify supervisors of the fact of arrival at a store by a phone call, a SMS, or marking the time of arrival in a paper report. When using a merchandising software solution merchandisers are being monitored on the map in real time. Field team managers can see their routes, the arrival time, and time spent at each point-of-sale.
- Streamline data workflow. Merchandisers usually collect store data completing paper forms, which are then to be transferred to the office for manual data reentry to the corporate database. Merchandising software allows automated retail data entry on a tablet or a smartphone. All the data collected at stores is automatically transferred to corporate database and is available for integration with company’s back-end system, export or analysis. Mobile forms allow collecting data very quickly and accurate, eliminating paperwork and minimizing mistakes.
- Shorten the reporting process. Managers often don’t have time and enthusiasm to analyze big amount of data from all the stores. With merchandising software all the data collected at points-of-sale is instantly available for analysis. Use Google API and BigQuery access to your data to get ultimate custom reports and dashboards in seconds. Apply sophisticated filters to get the exact information you need. The reports can be easily exported to corporate database.
To try our data collection software for free register at www.visitbasis.com and download the VisitBasis Retail Audit App FREE on Google Play or App Store. To learn more about how our field merchandising system works request a demo or check the links below to watch the demo videos.